NWF scholarships are designated for women residents of northern Nevada, with preference to women attending school at a northern Nevada accredited institution. If an applicant wishes to pursue a course of study that is not offered at a northern Nevada institution, their application will be reviewed with all eligible applicants. For additional information please see scholarship FAQ’s at the bottom of the page.
Where are you now?
CALLING ALL NEVADA WOMEN’S FUND SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS Whether you received your scholarship 37 years ago, or last year, we want to hear from you. Where has your hard work taken you in your life? We want to share in your success.
Annual Scholarship Calendar
Click on any question to view additional information:
The Nevada Women’s Fund is a community foundation dedicated to strengthening our community by empowering women to improve their lives and those of their families. We identify critical social needs and address those needs through educational initiatives and community grant making. Our vision is to be the compass guiding the community toward nationally recognized solutions that improve the lives of women and families.
To achieve our mission, the NWF allocates scholarships to individual women and grants to organizations that share the NWF vision for a healthy non-profit community.
- NWF scholarships are designated for women residents of northern Nevada.
- Women attending school at a northern Nevada institution.
- If an applicant wishes to pursue a course of study that is not offered at a northern Nevada institution, the NWF will consider allocating a scholarship for pursuit of study at an out-of-region or out-of-state institution.
- Eligible candidates will take a minimum of 6-8 credits per semester.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited two or four year degree or certifying program.
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.0.
NWF scholarship applications are reviewed by the NWF Allocations Committee made up of NWF Board and community members. Allocations Committee members read each application and rate it based on the eligibility requirements. Awards are given in the range of $500 to $5,000.
**Individuals with a blood or marriage relationship to NWF board members, allocations committee members or NWF staff are ineligible for NWF scholarships.